What’s up, ass kickers!! I have done it again…I have found another soul sister, Trish Blackwell. Trish and I have a very common story so I knew I wanted to get the scoop on how she went from high-achieving junkie/disordered eating/perfectionistic control freak, to the awesome woman and coach she is today. I asked her how she healed and much more. Here’s what we discussed:
- Trish gives us her story about who she used to be and what her big “a-ha” moment was that brought her to healing her relationship with her body, food, and exercise.
- She also talks about how her high-achieving nature growing up drove her to place value on her accomplishments, rather than who she was as a person.
- And how moving to France and watching French women changed everything (don’t worry- you don’t need to move to France to take action on the lessons she shares with us!)
- Andrea and Trish discuss how the constant state of perfectionism and comparison of other women is such an enormous problem and how to spot it.
- Andrea and Trish talk about eating disorders and the common problem we see in the media, as well as signs and symptoms of what is commonly referred to as “disordered eating” which is much more common than you might think.
- Andrea and Trish discuss what to do if you’re at a place where you’ve put a milepost on where you need to be before you can start loving yourself. For instance, “When I lose X pounds then I can love myself fully”.
Trish’s bio is below so you can read all about her! Also, the 52 WAYS CHALLENGE is coming March 1st! if you haven’t signed up yet, click here. It’s FREE!
Trish Blackwell is a recognized fitness professional committed to inspiring others to live with more confidence, health and happiness from the inside out. Particularly passionate about bringing hope to those who struggle with negative body image, eating disorders, or confidence issues, Blackwell has become the leader on image issues in the fitness industry. Personal trainer, author, podcaster, and app publisher, Trish inspires her community to conquer life with confidence.
Blackwell is the author of The Skinny, Sexy Mind: The Ultimate French Secret, a book on transforming one’s body and life through discovering the keys to confidence. Also available is her Amazon Best Selling Kindle e-book, Building a Better Body Image: 50-Days to Loving your Body from the Inside Out, a 50-day journey to living happier and healthier. Trish spends her free time running, surfing and snowboarding with her husband Brandon Synan. She loves unicorns, coffee, and the color pink.