Fellow ass kickers, how are you?
I’m PUMPED (I don’t use that word enough. I should use it more) to bring you my new friend Jenny G Perry today as we talk about self love, the myth of “thin = happy”, and jumping into spirituality. I just LOVE Jenny and I’m sure you will too! Here’s what you’ll hear:
- Jenny knew she had gained weight after having kids and saw a picture of herself. She felt totally disconnected from that woman and vowed to get in shape. She tells us her 60 lb weight loss story and her major epiphany afterwards.
- Jenny talks about how after she lost the weight she began drinking too much to deal with the uncomfortableness of being thin and STILL not happy. And asking herself “Is this all there is?”
- Jenny gives us her favorite foundational exercises for anyone just starting out in their self love journey. My favorite things she says is, “You need to talk to yourself the way you want your kids to see themselves” (Tweet that!)
- We then talk about spirituality and since both of us grew up in organized religion but no longer do– we discussed how we still continue to have a strong spiritual connection.
- And last, I ask Jenny what she does to trust herself. And I share my ways too!
I hope you’ll have a listen, this one was AWESOME and I’ll be sure to have Jenny back on again. I would also love it if you could take a minute to leave a rating and review on iTunes!
Jenny G. Perry is the author of the novel, The Jennifers. She’s a feisty married mother of five happily residing at the Jersey Shore. She loves to blog on social media about her life’s journey in a fun and spiritual way. She has a passion for life and a bold voice which preaches self-love daily. She loves to give author talks to cheer on her fellow writers and to tell everyone to go after their dreams. She’s been featured as a blogger on sites like huffingtonpost.com and elephantjournal.com.
Calling herself a silly-sassy-spiritual-sexpot, she aims to uplift, empower and inspire on her Facebook page: Peace Love Joy Sparkles. For all her shenanigans you can follow her on Facebook under Jenny G. Perry. She can also be found on Twitter: @JennyGPerry Instagram: JennyliciousPerry.
Her website is: www.jennygperry.com