I’m very excited for a SPECIAL episode of the podcast today. I’m taking a *tiny* break from talking about all things personal development and today I’m diving in to something that so many people ask me about: The business of life coaching.
My guest today is my friend Jo Casey who has a legit British accent for starters and is just amazing. Jo has been coaching for like 150 years so she really knows her stuff!
Even if you’ve for one hot second thought about becoming a life coach, this episode is for you. We discuss:
- What people need to know before they become a life coach (and if they already are one)
- Certification or no certification? Do coaches need one?
- What the most important thing life coaches need to know about the businesses of coaching.
- I ask Jo what surprises her about this industry.
- A couple of KEY things you need to do to make it in this industry.
- What we really think of the elusive promise of 6-figures as a life coach.
Resources from this episode:
Jo Casey has over 20 years of experience working as a trainer and consultant in the corporate, public and third sectors. She's a self confessed geek and has taught at college and university levels. With a masters degree in Coaching and Organizational Development, Jo is also an NLP Master Practitioner, MBTI qualified professional and a certified Emotional Intelligence EQi 2.0 consultant. Jo has been coaching people all over the world for twelve years, clocking up over 1000 hours of coaching experience. Basically, she carefully treads that line between being passionate and a tiny bit obsessive about what she does (obsession often wins).