Hey ass kickers! Ready for another episode of the YKAL podcast?
I’m chatting with Christine Hassler, author of 3 books, including her latest: Expectation Hangover. Christine speaks our language, y’all! Just a bit about her background– she graduated from college, moved to LA, got the swanky job in Hollywood rubbing elbows with a-listers (like George Clooney- hellllooo!) and she was miserable– even to the point of trying to talk herself into liking her job. She left, and ever since has been helping people get out of their own way to make meaningful impacts in their lives. Here’s a little of what you’ll hear on the podcast:
- Christine talks to us about how she assumed worthiness and happiness would be delivered when she accomplished her goals and expectations she had of herself (none of you reading this have done this, have you?). It didn’t happen and she tells us how she dealt with it.
- Control (am I the only one that sings the Janet Jackson song when I say that word?). Something WE ALL struggle with including the need for certainty. Christine serves up some wisdom on how to deal with our relationship to uncertainty.
- Christine talks about old unresolved issues that get brought up when we have these “expectation hangovers”. Things that get triggered like the old “not feeling good enough” stuff.
- And I get ALL excited to talk about the concept of “being strong”– something our culture validates us for when really we just need to feel our feelings. Christine has to pause and get a drink of water before talking about this one!
- For people that have really spent their lives pushing aside their feelings, Christine gives advice on where to even start to “feel their feelings”.
Resources from this episode:
Christine’s new podcast
Christine Hassler is the author of Expectation Hangover, The 20 Something Manifesto, and 20 Something, 20 Everything. She left her successful job as a Hollywood agent to pursue a life she could be passionate about. For over a decade, as a speaker, retreat facilitator, and life coach, she has been sharing her passion to ease suffering. Christine believes once we get out of our own way, we can show up to make the meaningful impact we are here to make. Visit her online at www.christinehassler.com
Right click to download the .mp3.
Did you hear!?!? Registration is OPEN for our 2016 Tanning, Tacos, and Transformation Retreat in Mexico! Limited spots are open and early bird discounted registration is open until the 31st! Click here or the image below to join us.