Hi ass kickers! It’s a listener Q & A day! Today I bring on my long-time friend, Courtney Webster, to help me answer three questions from some awesome ladies in the YKAL community. Here they are and what we cover in today’s episode:
I don't know how to phrase it…you finally decided to make a radical change or take a huge risk toward something big. How to overcome the resulting fear and doubt and keep the momentum. – Karen
- Courtney and I pull out some of our finest coaching tools to answer this question– everything from the WHY to values to permission to make mistakes.
- We ask some further challenging questions for Karen to ask herself to help create more momentum.
The second listener question is similar to Karen’s, but so important to help creating the life you want.
How do you not to go into “avoidance or stall mode” when your inner-critic starts in on your big change plan resulting in you not proceeding with your plan! – Diane
Courtney and I talk about:
- What the inner-critic’s main job is and how it stops you, and how to make the small steps to bypass it.
- The most important question your coach should ask you about accountability.
- Questions to ask yourself if you’re on your own and don’t have a coach, but still want to kick some ass.
Our last question is one I thought SO many of you could relate to…
How do you stop yourself from obsessing or overanalyzing something that someone said to you? Or replaying situations or conversations in your mind? As the Frozen girls would say, how do you “let it go” when it is something not worth asking the other person about or clarifying with them? I feel like in today's world, especially with texting, it is so easy to assume someone is mad when at you when they just text back an emoji thumbs up, or worse, the letter ‘k.” How do you stop turning something into a big deal in your head when most likely they were just tired, stressed, or too busy to think of a better response? –Stefanie
For this question we discuss:
- The brain science of what’s happening here, so hopefully the awareness around that will help.
- The magic of being able to assign a different assumption to what we receive instead of assuming the worst.
- What’s your responsibility and what’s theirs.
Also, If you’d like to get twice a month updates on free workshops and if I have a new class open for registration, simply text the word UPDATES to 444999. Enjoy the episode!
Resources from this podcast:
Seth Godin’s altMBA program
Courtney's recovery episode here on the YKAL podcast
Flossing thing Andrea was talking about
The Coaches Training Institute
Right click to download the .mp3