Welcome to another recovery episode of the podcast, where today my guest is Aidan Donnelley Rowley. Aidan is a very special human and I’m glad to share her story with you today!
In this episode she goes in detail about her personal journey with drinking, and as you’ll hear, it’s a different story than most. With the help of a therapist, her husband and her immense love for writing, Aidan was able to identify her issues with her drinking and how they were impacting her professional and personal life.
Whether you’re in recovery, or thinking about it, the wisdom Aidan shares today is sure to help you in your own journey.
In this episode you'll hear:
- What was the “perfect storm” that led to a darker side of drinking for Aidan (6 minutes and 59 seconds)
- How she struggled internally when she started realizing that she didn’t have a full grasp on her drinking – and what she did about it (10:48)
- Drinking made Aidan’s anxiety worse because she was using alcohol in this specific way…(15:33)
- This one experiment resulting in hundreds of blog posts and why her journey of not drinking for a year totally changed her perspective (23:50)
- You don’t have to have life altering facts, events or situations to have a drinking problem – or to quit! (32:36)
Resources from this podcast:
Jean McCarthy’s podcast episode & The Bubble Hour Podcast
NYC workshop (2 spots left)
Chicago workshop (3 spots left)
Pre-order How To Stop Feeling Like Shit and grab your bonuses including a 4-week book club study!
Aidan’s Website & Drybe Community
The Edit Podcast
Her books, The Ramblers & Life After Yes
RX Bar (For 25% off your first order, enter code “YKAL” at checkout.)
Aidan Donnelley Rowley is the author of two novels THE RAMBLERS (William Morrow 2016) and LIFE AFTER YES (Avon 2010), the founder of Happier Hours Literary Salons and Drybe (dry + tribe), an Instagram community of people living, or curious about living, the Dry Life, and the co-host of EDIT Podcast: Editing Our Drinking and Our Lives. She lives in Manhattan, where she was also born and raised, with her husband and three girls.
Right click to download the .mp3