Welcome back for the fourth episode in this recovery series (in addition to the 10 recovery episodes we aired last year)! My guest today is writer, life & recovery coach and speaker Sasha Tozzi.
Love addiction was a big realization to Sasha after she got sober and today she makes a conscious decision not to put people above her sitting on a pedestal. She also shares that learning how to trust herself and others again was a challenge for her (and so much more).
It’s important to understand that the addictions we are talking about today are isolating addictions, and it is important to have support as we go forward.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Sasha decided to detox herself from alcohol, which lead to her uncovering other addictions that she had denials about (9 minutes and 42 seconds)
- That drinking can actually be a way that amplifies other addictions (14:40)
- What did love addiction look like to her – and what is love addiction all about? (15:45)
- The difference between “the love addict” and “the love avoidant” (24:28)
- The opposite of addiction is not sobriety, but rather this… (28:29)
Resources from this podcast:
Previous recovery series
Pre-order How To Stop Feeling Like Shit and grab your bonuses including a 4-week book club study!
NYC workshop (2 spots left)
Chicago workshop (1 spot left)
Australian listeners! You can purchase here.
AND HEY! I’M GOING ON TOUR IN JANUARY! COME SEE ME!
Chicago book signing is here.
San Diego book signing is here.
Portland book signing is here.
Greensboro, NC book signing is here.
New York book signing is here.
Virginia book signing is here.
Sasha is a writer, life & recovery coach, speaker, and woman who believes in hope, healing, and daily miracles. She does 1:1 and group coaching. She loves the ocean, namastaying sober, and the Lion is her spirit animal.