Hey there ass-kickers! This week on the podcast, Kathleen Shannon, co-host of Being Boss Podcast and founder of Braid Creative and Consulting, joins me to discuss her new book, Being Boss: Take Control of Your Work and Live Life on Your Own Terms.
In this episode, we talk about what it means to be “boss” and how to cultivate a boss mindset. Plus, we discuss defining values and setting boundaries that align with those values (as you know, this is one of my favorite topics!). We also touch on several topics that will put you on the path to being boss and living life on your own terms.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Core values and how the value of decisiveness can help you move forward (6:25)
- Self trust, how is this cultivated? (10:38)
- Defining your values, what resonates with you and your story (12:27)
- How do we reevaluate our relationship with money? (13:24)
- Inner critic, internal freak-outs and surrounding yourself with your post-it note people (21:42)
- Thinking from your heart and how is this different than thinking from your brain (25:36)
Kathleen Shannon is the founder of Braid Creative and Consulting, a boutique branding agency and consultancy she co-owns with her sister. She also does creative coaching and is regularly invited to speak on personal branding at design conferences and retreats. She lives in Oklahoma City with her husband and son.
Resources from this episode:
Being Boss Podcast
Being Boss: Take Control of Your Work and Live Life on Your Own Terms
One spot is open for private coaching. If you are interested in one on one coaching with me or working with my associates whom provide the same coaching click here for details.
The Daring Way™ Retreat is ON!
Many of you are familiar with the work of Brené Brown and know I’m a certified Daring Way™ Facilitator since 2014.This summer I’ll be hosting an in-person retreat here in North Carolina in the beautiful mountains of Asheville over a long weekend. If you think it might be something you’d like to do, go to this link and sign up to be notified when I open applications. ?
Right click to download the .mp3