Joining me on the podcast this week is leading Latina psychotherapist, Christine Gutierrez, LHMC. Christine is the founder of Christineg.tv, an online hub that features psychologically-savvy and soulful advice. Christine also specializes in love addiction which happens to be the topic of today’s episode.
In this episode, we talked about healing from love addiction, Christine’s own experience with it and how she now helps clients move through the healing process. We also touched on codependency and love addiction red flags. It’s clear through my conversation with Christine that she has worked hard and tirelessly on learning how to trust in herself and lean into her biggest self. I’m happy to share our conversation with you.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What love addiction is, how Christine’s early childhood experiences ultimately led to love addiction, and how she got on the path to healing (1 minute 47 seconds)
- The distinction between healthy, falling in love and love addiction (5:46)
- Some tips and tools for women struggling with love addiction (11:21)
- Christine’s journey to helping other women heal, the merging of the mundane and divine and what the word diosa means to her (17:43)
- How to experience more fierce love in your life (and what fierce love is, exactly) (25:32)
Christine Gutierrez, LMHC is a leading Latina psychotherapist with a Masters in Human Behavior and Development focusing on prevention and community from City College of New York. In addition, she is an advice columnist, speaker, author, poet, and founder of christineg.tv, an online hub that features psychologically-savvy and soulful advice, articles, videos, private consultations, workshops, retreats (both live+virtual), radio appearances, and television projects.