This week I bring to you another conversation about shit that matters with unqualified people. My good friend Ella returns to the podcast to join me in a candid talk about the aging process. Ella is an Inspirational Speaker, a Personal Development Coach and the host of the popular On Air with Ella – a podcast about living better, starting now. She’s also an “IRL” friend, who lives locally to me.
Ella and I are in this awkward and uncomfortable mid-life time in our lives. We know we’re just beginning into this “tipping point” into the aging process (I mean, the part where you see marked changes). This topic is something that comes up in our discussions every once in a while and, I thought it would be good to bring to the YKAL community. Take note, this is not a conversation between two women complaining about aging. I promise.
These episodes are all about the real conversations I have with the women in my life. And serve as a reminder that like you, I don’t have everything figured out either. These episodes are here to help us all think a little bit more critically about life and look at things with a little bit of humor too.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why conversations about aging are really about acceptance
- “Aging gracefully” and what we really think of the phrase
- In the weeds of the aging process and getting to a place of contentment
- Grappling with the idea of getting Botox or other aesthetics aging treatments
- The patriarchy, aging and becoming “unfuckable”
- The gray hair debate and going gray
- Not throwing in the towel: showing up as vital regardless of age
Resources from this episode:
Episode 237: What triathlon has taught me about life
Episode 179: Start With Yourself with Ella
Ella on Instagram