Hey ass kickers! Guess what? It’s MY BIRTHDAY! ??? In celebration, you’re getting the podcast episode a couple days early AND we’re doing a GIVEAWAY!
Not only is it my birthday today, but coming up on May 1st, Your Kick-Ass Life Podcast is turning SIX YEARS OLD! To celebrate BOTH birthdays, we’re giving away some prizes. A coaching session with me, gift cards, books, and more!
I’ve written 44 Things I’ve Learned in 44 Years and will be breaking it up into 3 parts, because obviously I want to talk to about all the 44 things! In Part 3 which will air on May 1st, you’ll get the list in its entirety.
Here are the first 14…
- Cleaning up my own messes is the best way to sleep at night. This means apologizing when I’ve been an asshole and just generally doing my best to fix things I’ve made a mess of.
- Taking radical responsibility for my life is the only option. No one else is responsible for my happiness. No one.
- My children don’t define me. I used to think becoming a mother would be my ultimate life purpose. It isn’t. I used to have a lot of guilt and shame about that. But, I don’t anymore.
- No relationship will complete me. Not a single one.
- “Taking the edge off” really needed to be examined. For me, I was taking off all the edges. And sometimes edges just need to be dealt with.
- Many times exercise really is the best medicine.
- The voice in my head that tells me I’m not enough is a liar.
- Progress, not perfection.
- If I listen, my body is usually trying to tell me something.
- I only apologize when I really, truly can stand behind it.
- There will always be people that don’t like me and it’s not my job to change their minds. (I admit this one is still tough. It’s a one-day-at-a-time lesson.)
- My parents did the best they could, with what they had at that time. And as parents, that’s all we can do.
- Forgiveness is more about me, and not them.
- Time really doesn’t heal all wounds—I’m in charge of that. Time helps, but being proactive is the catalyst.
This is just the beginning! Stay tuned for next week when you’ll hear Part 2, and then on May 1st (the podcast's birthday!) you’ll get part 3!