This week we are back with part two of my coaching session around money with Melanie. The last time we left Melanie, she was going to be diving into some big work around money stories, core beliefs and self-worth. Today we are jumping right back into some big topics around money such as resentment, healing from the patriarchy, and getting to the bottom of unwanted identities. If you missed the first part of our conversation, you definitely want to listen to before checking out today’s episode.
In this session, Melanie shares how she has been doing with some of the personal development homework assignments I gave her, including what has been working and what she has been resisting (and why). Oh and hey, I would love to know if you are liking these coaching episodes. It’s important for me to know which kind of episodes you love (or don’t), so I can continue to bring you the content you enjoy most! Thank you for joining us for this conclusion of Melanie’s coaching session on self-worth and money issues.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Melanie shares how the personal development homework went including some resistance she was experiencing (5:06)
- Dispelling what journaling actually needs to be (5:59)
- Recognizing comparison issues with others when it comes to money (7:54)
- Shame as it relates to economic class, plus getting to the bottom of unwanted identities (14:02)
- Breaking down the belief that women need to be saved when it comes to money (14:46)
- There’s no such thing as consistency and that’s okay (22:28)
- Melanie’s hope for the future when it comes to working through issues around self-worth and money (32:10)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Become a YKAL Patron: Support the Show and Have an Opportunity to Be Coached on the Podcast (applications open up again early September)
Ready for 1:1 coaching with Andrea? Apply here.
Episode 286: YKAL Coaching Sessions – Upper Limit Problems with Rachel
Do Less, by Kate Northrup