Raise your hand if you said yes to something you really didn’t want to do. And in doing so, you are saying no to something you actually WANT to do. It’s another exciting day here over YKAL headquarters, because it’s another coaching session episode. ?I really enjoy sharing these episodes and I hope you enjoy them too! This week I speak with Colleen, a professional dog walker, who wants to work through saying ‘No’ and putting herself first. I’m sure you’ll be able to relate to what Colleen is struggling with.
Sometimes in your life you do have sacrifice in order to survive, which was Colleen’s case. But once you make it, it’s time to enjoy and make sure you are putting yourself first. When you are learning to say ‘No’, realize you are unlearning decades of conditioning. And this can be hard y’all. But at the end of the day, your life, your health matters. So, the hard work matters too. And that’s what Colleen and I dig into this YKAL coaching session.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Colleen’s struggle with tremendous guilt when saying ‘No’ to her customers (4:58)
- Anytime we are saying ‘No’ to something, we are saying ‘Yes’ to something else (7:46)
- Colleen’s lists of core beliefs when it comes to saying ‘No’ and then challenging them (10:58)
- What core beliefs are and where they stem from (17:46)
- Negativity bias, shifting your focus and finding positive examples of people who set boundaries (19:42)
- A kick-ass update from Colleen following our coaching session (46:19)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Get coached on the YKAL Podcast – Become a Patron to be eligible and apply at Patreon.com/ykal
Trainwreck, Sady Doyle
YKAL Coaching Session: Upper Limit Problems with Rachel