I am delighted for this week’s episode; for two reasons. First, we are back with an episode of Conversations About Shit That Matters with Unqualified People. And second, the unqualified person joining me is none other than my bestie, Amy E. Smith. If this your first time hearing her, I know you will love her. And if this isn’t the first time hearing Amy, well, welcome back! This week, we’re talking all about money.
Everyone’s experience is different when it comes to money. Our stories vary, our circumstances might be different, but so many of us struggle in the same areas when it comes to money and our emotions. Amy has been on her own money journey for some time now and she even influenced me, gave me pause and helped me realize that I had a lot of money issues I needed to work on too. In this conversation, we share some of our own experiences with money, as well as some tips and tools with doing the work around money. We hope our conversation is hugely eye-opening and helpful. Let’s get on with it!
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why we think women have a unique perspective around money hang-ups (6:06)
- Unpacking our money stories and our relationships with it (8:01)
- Doing the work and shifting our perspective about money (18:00)
- Comparing money and income to others and trying to make others comfortable with your circumstances, plus some other money hangups we are still working on today (35:00)
- We also share some of our most elaborate money dreams (45:00)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
The Joy Junkie Show – For The Love of Money, Part 1
The Joy Junkie Show – For The Love of Money, Part 2
Episode 81: Family Constellation Therapy with Natalie Berthold
The Big Leap, Gay Hendricks
Applications for being coached on the YKAL Podcast Open on 9/3 – Become a Patron and Apply