This week’s guest is going to knock your socks off, y’all. Kara Loewentheil is Master Certified Coach who has pivoted her law career into a life coaching business, using her background in feminism theory to help women get the patriarchy out of their brains. Kara is also the host of the podcast, Unf*ck Your Brain and simply a stunning individual.
In today’s episode we talk all about the social messaging we receive as women and how this messaging plays into our own self-critical thoughts. Kara also talks about the work she does with women to undo the process and help them to think about themselves the way they want to. I’ve been looking forward to introducing you to Kara and I hope you enjoy our conversation.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The reason women’s inner critic or not feeling good is a direct result of the patriarchy (6:00)
- You can’t suddenly be nicer to yourself (aka inner critic work) (10:30)
- How Kara addresses thought work and those who have experienced trauma and why thought work is so personal (14:56)
- “Believing harder” when it comes to self-confidence and overcoming insecurity (19:50)
- There’s a disconnect between women taking action to get the things they really want and what is keeping them stuck (25:10)
- Beauty standards, diet culture and Kara’s commentary about it all (31:19)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Join me for a VIP Day → YourKickAssLife.com/VIP
- Kara’s Website
- Unf*ck Your Brain Podcast
- Kara on Instagram
- Episode 259: Challenging Cultural Beauty and Wellness Standards with Melissa Toler
Kara Loewentheil is a Master Certified Coach with a B.A. from Yale and J.D. from Harvard Law. In the last three years after pivoting from a legal career, she has grown her life coaching business from 0 to 7 figures. She's the host of the iTunes top-rated self-help podcast Unf*ck Your Brain, and has been featured in outlets like The Man Repeller, Above the Law, and The Huffington Post. She lives in New York City. Learn more at unfckyourbrain.com.