Today, I bring you a YKAL Coaching session. Katie is a proud introvert and physical therapist in Nevada. She came to me because she has a desire to reduce her work capacity so she can focus on following her passions and interests. Together we discuss what she’s been struggling with and why she has been having such a difficult time changing the trajectory of her job. We also uncover some of Katie’s fears such as being seen as imperfect or non-knowledgeable in her field.
I encourage you to listen to the entire episode because Katie’s update was really interesting. As we say in coaching, a lot of the healing happens in between sessions. And as you will hear, such was the case for Katie.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Katie’s battle between being inspired by stories of people who go all in versus being too afraid to jump in. (8:00)
- Making assumptions without having facts that they are true. (12:05)
- Why your inner-critic and fears should not be a reason to halt future plans. (15:06)
- The connection between shame and unwanted identities. (18:00)
- Walking Katie through her fears, how shame shows up in her life, and why she struggles to feel her emotions. (19:00)
- Upper limit problems and stepping into the next level of your life. (32:00)
- A kick-ass update from Katie! (51:00)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
How to Stop Feeling Like Shit
The Gifts of Imperfection, Brené Brown
Daring Greatly, Brené Brown
Right-click to download the .mp3