We’ve all experienced some form of grief over the last several months; grieving our life before COVID, people we’ve lost and more. Joining me for a deep and transformative conversation about grief is acclaimed grief educator, Christina Rasmussen. Christina is also the author of Second Firsts and Where Did You Go? and host of The Dear Life Podcast.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Christina describes grief as a catalyst for redefining entry. She shares about her philosophy on grief and the process of reentry or returning to life. (5:13)
- Invisible losses: any experience that broke your heart and how they dictate the narrative of your life. (10:39)
- Grief, COVID-19, and being triggered by invisible losses. (20:43)
- How to know when you are ready to do life reentry work. (24:48)
- Does reentry or returning to life mean you won’t experience waves of grief? (26:58)
- The phases of reentry or returning to life. (36:47)
Christina Rasmussen is an acclaimed grief educator, the author of Second Firsts and Where Did You Go? She is also the host of The Dear Life Podcast. She is the creator of The Life Reentry Model and has helped countless people break out of what she coined the “waiting room” of grief to rebuild their lives through her Life Reentry Model. With this, she introduces a new model of grief based on the science of neuroplasticity. She describes grief as a catalyst for redefining identity, and outlines the process of “reentry”, or returning to life.