Have you ever been in a situation where you had to be something you didn’t intend to be? Maybe it was taking care of aging parents, or you were thrust into single-motherhood. That is what this week’s guest refers to as an Accidental Alpha Woman. Author and Master Certified Coach, Karen Wright, joins me to talk about being the accidental alpha woman, how to reconnect with the real you, and create a life that has more ease.
We also discuss what it means to be strong as a woman, dealing with judgment, and not making yourself small at the expense of others' comfort. I hope you enjoy our conversation.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Karen’s personal experience inspired her to write, “The Accidental Alpha Woman,” plus she explains what an Accidental Alpha Woman is. (4:16)
- The importance of identifying your values and how that can help define what is important to you in a relationship. (11:00)
- The reason women feel the need to “carry the world on their shoulders” and be strong. (12:09)
- How to reconnect with the real “you” and create a life that has greater community, ease, and fun using the R.E.C.E.I.V.E framework. (25:22)
- Why it’s important for women to find their voice. (28:33)
- Internalized misogyny and the alpha woman. (33:52)
🚨 Book Giveaway! 🚨 We are giving away two copies of Karen Wright’s book, Accidental Alpha Woman. Listen to this episode for all the details!
YKAL is supported by:
Calm – Use code kickass for a special limited-time promotion of 40% off a Calm Premium subscription.
Karen Wright is a Master Certified Coach, a pioneer in the coaching profession, and a two-time author. She is a single mother to two wonderful young men and an avid reader and traveler. She lives in Toronto, Canada when she’s not in Paris or Costa Rica or adventuring elsewhere in the world.