Heather Chauvin is back on the show! Our conversation answers the question, “What is worth your time and energy?” Heather is a leadership coach who helps ambitious, overwhelmed women conquer their fears and become leaders at work and home. She is also the author of the book, Dying to Be a Good Mother.
We examine what is truly worthy of your time, discuss emotional regulation and Heather’s Red/Yellow/Green zone methodology. Finally, we explore the topic of managing your energy and surrendering to guilt.
“You’ve got to feel the discomfort in order to feel the good stuff.” ~ Heather Chauvin
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How Heather’s grandmother inspired her ‘shit or get off the pot’ moment, and led her to write her first book, Dying to Be a Good Mother. (9:52)
- Heather shares her Stage-4 Cancer diagnosis journey. (10:27)
- The “million-dollar minute” concept. “If every sixty seconds of your life is worth one million dollars – are you satisfied with your investment?” (22:23)
- The Red, Yellow, and Green Zones and how they can be used in your life and at work. (28:30)
- Energetic time management is reverse engineering of how you want to feel. (33:31)
- A conversation about guilt: “Who benefits from you feeling guilty?” (36:04)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Heather Chauvin is a leadership coach who helps ambitious, overwhelmed women conquer their fears and become leaders at work and home.
Drawing from her professional experience as a social worker and her life experience raising three boys, Heather created a signature approach to help her clients create and enjoy sustainability, profitability, and ease in business and life.
She is the host of the Mom Is In Control Podcast where she reveals her most vulnerable truths about womanhood, marriage, parenting, living through stage 4 cancer and running a successful business without burning out. She is releasing her first book in 2021.
When Heather isn’t busy driving her boys to hockey practice, you can find her curled up on the couch next to her husband, planning their next family adventure.
Right-click to download the .mp3