Cait Donovan is here to talk all about the B word – burnout! Burnout can affect anyone and everyone – in fact, as Cait shares, “Stats show that burnout happens at a rate between 38.1%-89%.” Cait’s mission is to end burnout culture in organizations and individuals for better morale, health, and profitability.
In this episode, we discuss the symptoms of burnout and what it is, Cait’s creative burnout recovery solutions, and why resentment is the burnout recovery tool we all need. While we spend a lot of time on the topic of burnout, we also explore how to have better communication in your personal and professional life.
Cait is host of FRIED. The Burnout Podcast, a Keynote speaker, and author of the book “The Bounce-back-ability Factor” and a burnout aficionado.
- Burnout: what it is, its symptoms, and how someone knows they’re experiencing it (4:17)
- Some of the professions/industries that experience burnout the most (8:52)
- Why resentment is the burnout recovery tool we all need (14:57)
- Boundaries and when “No,” isn’t a complete sentence (16:25)
- What psychological safety is and how to create it (25:48)
- How to address passive aggressiveness at work (40:24)
Coaching with Andrea
FRIED: The Burnout Podcast
I love a good personal development book, and you do too, right? I’ve compiled a list of book recommendations, as mentioned in past episodes. Check out these amazing book recommendations here. Happy reading!
MSN is supported by:
We love the sponsors that make our show possible! You can always find all the special deals and codes for all our current sponsors on our website: andreaowen.com/sponsors/
Cait Donovan is host of FRIED. The Burnout Podcast, a Keynote speaker, and author of the book “The Bounce-back-ability Factor” and a burnout aficionado. Her creative burnout recovery solutions have been featured on podcasts and online magazines such as “Forbes”, “NPR,” and “The New York Post” and in companies such as Lululemon, PepsiCo, and the New York Public Library.