Welcome to part two of 11 Things Happy Women Do, UPDATED!
In 2014, I wrote an article that went viral. When I was brainstorming topics for minisodes I remembered this article and thought I Would just go through these 11 things and be done with it. However, when I read it, I shook my head, thinking how differently I would write this now, how I’ve changed, the challenges I’ve seen myself go through with some of these things, and if nothing else, the immense nuance that comes with each one.
If you missed it, check out part one HERE. Please listen to the episode a I go into detail about each one, and include what I wrote in 2014 and how I would change that.
- Happy women practice self-care. We go to the doctor and dentist. We listen to our bodies and feed ourselves healthy foods and move our bodies in ways that honor our need for movement (aka exercise).
- Happy women nurture their friendships. Human connection is essential and female friendships that are strong, trusting, and healthy are imperative to your happiness. We make time for our friendships and let go of those that aren’t reciprocal.
- Happy women connect spiritually. Whether it’s going to church, connecting in nature, doing yoga or meditating, prayer, or whatever it is that helps you connect to the spirit inside of you. That spirit that represents the larger Universe that you can express gratitude for and ask for guidance.
- Happy women have healthy sexual expression. We don’t feel shame about sex. We masturbate without feeling weird or guilty. We can talk about sex with our partners from a confident place. For happy women, sex is about pleasure, intimacy, getting needs met, and self-expression.
- Happy women listen to their intuition. We hear that whisper or feeling we have about something or someone and we acknowledge it. Personally, there are still times when I don’t act on it until much later, but I always know it’s there.
- Happy women express themselves creatively. We make time for whatever it is creatively that lights us up. It might be painting, acting, dance, writing, scrapbooking, designing, anything that fulfills that need.
MSN is supported by:
We love the sponsors that make our show possible! You can always find all the special deals and codes for all our current sponsors on our website: andreaowen.com/sponsors/