Cait Donovon returns to the podcast this week! Previously, she joined me for a conversation about burnout recovery and boundaries. In this episode we talk a little bit more about burnout, but mostly about what it means to achieve work-life balance.
For those of you new to Cait, she is the host of FRIED. The Burnout Podcast, a Keynote speaker, author of the book “The Bounce-back-ability Factor” and a burnout aficionado. Cait helps us explore the evolving landscape of work-life balance, unraveling cultural shifts and emphasizing the importance of creating boundaries in a world where the lines between work and personal life have blurred.
Whether you've experienced burnout or are seeking clarity on work-life equilibrium, this episode provides a roadmap to navigate burnout culture and reclaim a more harmonious life. In this episode, you’ll hear about:
- Burnout culture: what it is and how it shows up. (5:14)
- Work-life balance: the cultural shift from the natural segmentation we had between life and work and how we must now make an effort to create boundaries between work and life. (14:40)
- “We're trying to get more life, but we don't have the energy to do it. We think we don't have the time to do it, but that's probably not true because most of us spend an hour a day on Instagram.” (19:15)
- Cait answers, “What does it mean to find work-life balance?” (29:01)
- Burnout recovery can be a long process for some, and Cait explains why. (35:56)
Resources from this episode:
Get Coached by Andrea on the Podcast
Episode 528:Burnout Recovery, Boundaries, and Better Communication with Cait Donovan
Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle, Emily Nagoski PhD and Amelia Nagoski DMA
You know how I love a good personal development book, right? I’ve compiled a list of book recommendations, as mentioned in past episodes. Check out these amazing book recommendations here. Happy reading!
We love the sponsors that make our show possible! You can always find all the special deals and codes for all our current sponsors on our website: andreaowen.com/sponsors
Cait Donovan is host of FRIED. The Burnout Podcast, a Keynote speaker, and author of the book “The Bounce-back-ability Factor” and a burnout aficionado. Her creative burnout recovery solutions have been featured on podcasts and online magazines such as “Forbes”, “NPR,” and “The New York Post” and in companies such as Lululemon, PepsiCo, and the New York Public Library.